Thursday 29 August 2019

Book Review 📖 To Kill A Kingdom by Alexandra Christo












The first time I read To Kill a Kingdom I wasn't a fan, but I thought I'll try again. Unfortunately, my opinion hasn't changed.

The premise of the story was interesting which what made me pick the book up (as well as that beautiful cover), but the execution was a letdown.

The first 100 pages was so boring, it was all talk and no action. I know it was build up so we know what world we are in and what does what, but I think it could've been done differently. Maybe slowly throughout the book, instead of dumped at the beginning. The beginning is what drags you in, not make you skim through just to get to the "good stuff".

Things started happening after 100 pages, but even then I was mainly rolling my eyes and bored out of my brain. It also made me really confused, and not because of my skipping the first 100 pages, but the main male character (which I have forgotten his name all of a sudden). <i>We</i> know she is a siren turned human, but he doesn't know. Does he treat everyone with that kind of courtesy. For some reason that just made me really angry. Even the rest of the crew felt off, like they are supposed to be strong cool guys and girl, but it came across false.
Maybe it was the author trying to make us see them as tough guys, but it just comes across weak.


I'm sorry, I really wanted to love this book, but it fell flat with me.



My star rating is:










No comments:

Post a Comment