Tuesday 6 August 2019

Writing Diaries ☕ My Writing



For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to be an author.
I think my love for books and the author’s ability to captivate me in their words, have always inspired me.
However, I’m 33 years old and I have yet to do anything about it.

I have attempted to join NaNoWriMo a few times, and failed, and I’ve also tried to write on other days. But for some reason, once I get into it, I just think this whole thing is stupid.
Not the writing part or wanting to write, but my lack of ability to write what I’m thinking into legible words. My mind instantly tells me that no one will read this. Just like this sentence made no sense...

Never fear, after I found out that my son and his school friends are actually going to create a book (and publish it and send it out for the world to read), and he proudly tells me that he will be the first author in the family. Yes, my kid hits me where it hurts, I want to not only prove to my kids, but also myself, that I can do whatever I want if I put my mind to it.
I’ve always wanted to write books, what is stopping me but my stupid brain. Well, I can tell her where to go and just do it.

I’m writing this mainly because I want this to be my motivation. I want to update how I’m going and if I’m feeling down, just a nice kick up the bum to get me moving.



Until next time, happy writing









No comments:

Post a Comment