Thursday 22 August 2019

Book Review 📖 Mythos by Stephen Fry


Book One
Stephen Fry's Great Mythology









I loved every bit of it.

I thought I knew a bit of Greek Mythology, but after reading this, I've come to the realisation I only knew a smidgen of it.

Even though all the stories were fascinating, and how certain things came to be, the Gods and Goddesses are all insane. I'm shocked people worshipped them back then after the way the Gods treated them. I definitely don't want to catch the eye of any of them, especially Zeus. Hera scares me.

The modern telling by Stephen Fry was great. It was perfectly witty while also talking to us in modern terms. Hopefully that makes sense, lets just say, there is a lot of words that are used that wouldn't have been used back then.

I don't know what else I can say except I highly recommend this book, even if you aren't interested in Greek Mythology.
Cannot wait to read Heroes.



My star rating is:









No comments:

Post a Comment