Wednesday 3 July 2019

My Love of History




Thanks to The Mummy (film) for getting me into my obsession with history.
After watching that film, I wanted to know everything about Ancient Egypt. Unfortunately, my school was not teaching us anything about it. So, what did I do? I taught myself.

I bought and read every book that I came across and absorbed it all. I even tried to teach myself on how to read hieroglyphs.
My love for Ancient Egypt was and always will be my favourite time period to learn. I even went to Egypt in 2006 just to see everything in person.



It wasn’t long after that I started to branch out; from Ancient Rome and Greece to modern history and everything in between.

My favourite person, besides Cleopatra, is Mary, Queen of Scots. For me, when I'm interested in a person or place, I need to learn everything, and Mary is a very fascinating character. 


I’m no expert by any means, I just love learning and wanting to share that.

So, be prepared for posts about me rambling on about history places, people or just little things. I hope you enjoy them as much as I love writing them.







No comments:

Post a Comment