Thursday 19 September 2019

Book Review 📖 Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff


Book Two
The Nevernight Chronicles












Godsgrave was everything and more. I loved every bit of it, and was sad that it ended. But then again, what a way to end a book. Thank goodness I didn't have to wait for the next book to come out, because I don't know how I would've handled it.

Before I give any more of my opinion on Godsgrave, I just want to say well done to Jay Kristoff. The development on all the characters, especially our main girl Mia, and the story arc, was absolutely superb. I couldn't and didn't want to put this book down.

Nevernight was mainly focusing on Mia and her journey in becoming a blade. So it was kind of "school orientated", where she was learning and growing as a person as well as her killing ability. Godsgrave took a complete different turn.
Godsgrave was Gladiators; bloody and fierce. As someone who is interested in history, especially ancient history, I loved that it felt like ancient Rome and getting inspiration from that. It definitely wasn't a great time period to be in, but it's interesting to learn.
I thought Mia getting through book one was a challenge until I saw what she had to go through in this book.


I don't want to say anymore without giving away spoilers, but I highly recommend people to read this series. You won't be disappointed if you love kick-ass females, because Mia is that and so much more.



My star rating is:











No comments:

Post a Comment