Tuesday 24 September 2019

Book Review 📖 Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier


Book One
Blackthorn and Grim trilogy














Another book that has been on my shelf for ages, and when I finally read it, I kick myself for not reading it sooner.

OH. MY. GODDESS!! This book is amazing!
From the characters, the plot, and the world building. If I didn't have any responsibilities, I would've easily read this in a day. I didn't want to put it down, I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

At first Blackthorn and Grim did get slightly on my nerves, only because they were prickly and judgmental to everyone they came across. I understood their reasoning, but it did at points become too much. However, they did grow on me and I love them. I love them a lot.
Prince Oran is basically a perfect character. He's a great leader, fair but firm, and even though he made mistakes, he took responsibility.
I don't want to spoil anything, but I had a feeling about Lady Flidais. I didn't know it would end like that though, so I was pleasantly shocked and happy.

The magic aspect to this, while it's mentioned many times, it doesn't feel like it's in your face. It just gives the right amount of mysticism.

Highly recommend this book to everyone, especially if you love fantasy.



My star rating is:











No comments:

Post a Comment