Wednesday 23 October 2019

Book Review 📖 A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George RR Martin


Book One-Three
The Tales of Dunk and Egg











It's not that I keep forgetting on how much a good author George RR Martin is, but every now and then when I read his works, I'm blown away by his story telling.
I'm also kicking myself that it has taken me this long to finally read the stories of Dunk and Egg. What great characters these two are, especially Egg. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I knew who Egg was right from the beginning. Well, not exactly on who he was, but I knew his family. Hopefully that isn't a big giveaway.

What else can I say that won't be spoiler... It does feel different to his other books from this same universe. Yes, there are "tragic" moments, but surprisingly I felt these stories were somewhat wholesome. It's an adventure tale of two companions and what they encounter along the way.

This might sound controversial, but I would rather more stories on Dunk and Egg first then have another book from A Song of Ice and Fire. Let me tell you, that is saying a lot, because I want more ASOIAF. Maybe I just want more books from different time periods from this world. I just never want to leave.

Highly recommend this book to everyone, not just ASOIAF fans. Just for the writing and characters alone.



My star rating is:











No comments:

Post a Comment