Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Game of Thrones S7 E4 Review







Season 7 Episode 3






YES!! BEST EPISODE SO FAR…

Bran, Sansa and Arya are all together again. About bloody time. I think I’ve been waiting for this more than anything else on this show.
Now, I know a lot of people aren’t liking Bran at the moment, but in a way, I can understand the way he is acting. He has seen a lot of things, he knows too much. Maybe because of that, it has changed him, traumatised him in a way. I don’t know, I hope it will be all explained later.



There is also a reason why Bran gave Arya the dagger, ugh, what does he know.



Jon Snow and Daenerys in a cave… Of course, I wasn’t thinking anything was going to happen, but c’mon.
Even though now she knows the white walkers are real, and a real threat, she still wants Jon to bend the knee. And I’m mixed up here, does she go and help Jon first destroy the white walkers, lose a few men and then fight Cersei. Or, fight Cersei first, lose a few men and then fight the white walkers… You also don’t need your allies to bend the knee. Win, then ask them to do it.



I loved the fight training scene with Arya, Brienne, and Podrick. It just shows again that Arya isn’t the typical female Sansa is. No offence Sansa, but you know what I mean.



Speaking of Sansa, I wonder what was going on through her head when she was watching it with Baelish Creepy-Pants.



Can I mention Davos…fewer. I know what you did there.



I didn’t think there was enough of a scene between Jon and Theon, hopefully later on they can talk about what happened. Theon is no longer the cocky bastard he was back in season one, a lot has changed.



Now for the best scene so far this season, Dothraki and Drogon fighting against the Lannister army. That build up was amazing. I was biting my nails throughout that scene, I no longer have finger nails…
Watching the Dothraki in action, you can appreciate how good they are, and this just showed all that and more. They definitely know how to ride a horse.



I was happy Daenerys was in the middle of it, well technically on the back of Drogon, but it showed that if you want something done right, do it yourself.



What killed me was that massive crossbow, talk about edge of your seat, so happy it was only a flesh wound… well it better only be a flesh wound.
Is Jamie dead? In one way I hope he is, that’s what happens when you side with the “bad guys”, but my first thought was, “But who is going to kill Cersei”. Not sure what made me think of that, but I feel like the Kingkiller can turn into the Queenkiller…



It was great to finally see a dragon in action. I hope we get to see more of this, without any of them dying, of course.




Bring on the next episode, hopefully it’s as perfect as this one.




Overall, I rate this episode: