Friday, 11 August 2017

Book Review ~ The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss




 goodreads





Loved this book, why did it take me so long to read it?...
The problem I have at the moment is reviewing it. It’s sooooooo long, and I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone. I can talk about the first thirty pages, but anything after that, would be major spoiler alert.
So even though this book is 662 pages, small words, my review is only going to be short.

For me, this story was a mix of Robin Hobb and Harry Potter. Read it, and you will see what I’m talking about.

I loved hearing about Kvothe’s story, the first part anyway. I really want to talk about it, but of course, I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t read it yet. If you have read it, we need to talk!!
He isn’t your typical hero, he can be cocky most of the time, and is a big know it all, but there was something about him that kept me at the edge of my, cheering him on. Maybe it’s the red hair?...

I cannot wait to read book two, The Wise Man’s Fear, but I don’t know how I’m going to wait for book three, Doors of Stone. I can understand why it is taking forever, you want to write the best, but it will still kill me.


My star rating is: