Friday, 21 July 2017

Book Review ~ Juliet by Anne Fortier





 goodreads






I have read Juliet so many times, that the colour of the pages have changed and I know it word for word.
It’s my go to book to read, especially when I’m feeling down, or in a reader’s slump. I just really, really love Juliet by Anne Fortier.

This was one of those books that I was just browsing at the book story, loved the cover and needed to have it. A lot of people say you should never judge a book by its cover, but it does help if the cover is pretty.

Since my favourite Shakespeare play is Romeo and Juliet, I love reading this interpretation of it. Especially that reincarnation feel to it.
This is kind of like a 2in1 book; we have the story of the real Romeo and Giulietta back in the 1300s, and then the modern Giulietta, learning about her ancestors and what really happened.

My favourite part, besides the romance, is every chapter has a quote from Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Like I said, I’m a bit obsessed with that play.

I would forever love and reread Juliet. I might buy another book before this one falls apart…


My star rating is (of course):






November 2017 Wrap Up

Just click on the links under the book covers to check out my reviews The Last Hours by Minette Walters ...