Monday, 10 July 2017

Book Review ~ The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead




 goodreads







I don’t know how I feel about this book.
I’m shocked, upset, annoyed, my eyes hurt so much from rolling.

When I started, I did skim over reviews on Goodreads, most were one to three stars. Which is a shock, because the Vampire Academy series were so good. It’s been a while since I’ve read them, but I know I was in love with them. (side note, I did not watch the movie, because the actor who plays the male lead was a huge no no).

Now, my problems with this book is mainly the main female character, Adelaide, and her plot.
Let’s talk about her character first; she is a selfish, stupid character. And when she has her “good” moments, it’s basically shoved down our throats by the author. It was like she was reminding us that we are supposed to love her. No, we do not.
I’m also trying to understand why she leaves a place where she is being sold for marriage, only to escape to do exactly that in a different place. Oh, that’s right, so she can meet the guy she isn’t allowed to be with.
Her story was all over the place, and there wasn’t any girl power. I’m going to be honest, Richelle Mead tried to make them not like the situation they were in, but in the end, they really didn’t complain one bit.
Adelaide is all, “I will live in the poorest condition for you”. Yet, when she does, all she does is complain.
I hate this character.

Now, saying all that, I will read book two, just to see if it’s the character I don’t like, or the story over all.
I’m also very disappointed in Richelle Mead. This was not very well written, it was like a cheesy romance novel.

I’m not going to continue talking about this, I’ll just say it was a disappointment, I saw potential in this book. With the right author, I actually think they could’ve pulled it off. But it didn’t.


My star rating is: