Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Book Review ~ The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson












The original Swedish title of this book is Men Who Hate Women. That's basically the book summed up in four words. It suits this story much better than the catchier The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, because it is in fact about men doing all kinds of horrid things to women.

Normally I'm a person who reads the book before watching the movie adaption. But there does come a time when that isn't so, and this is one of them. Actually, to be honest, before I saw the movie I did attempt to read the book but I put it down after reading the first chapter. I couldn't understand what was going on because they kept on telling you about the present then all of a sudden talking about a past event.
Watching the movie and getting a good idea on what was going on, actually helped me begin the book again. This is actually my second I’ve read this book.
So, on that note, even though I knew the layout, I still was on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen to these characters.

I enjoyed reading these characters, they aren’t like people I’ve read before, especially Lisbeth. She is the tough chic with brains, but also naΓ―ve and sad.
I don’t want to give too much away if you haven’t read the book or seen the movie, I’ll just say, I loved her revenge.

Cannot wait to FINALLY read book two, The Girl who Played with Fire. I need to continue on with this series.


My star rating is: