Tuesday, 25 July 2017

Book Review ~ The Bride Gift by Sarah Hegger




goodreads






I remember reading this book ages ago, not sure if I liked it back then because I, of course, did not review it.
So, when I was reading this at 2am, I was enjoying this. I couldn’t put it down even though I knew what was going to happen.

I love the two main characters in this story, Guy and Helena, it was nice to see their love blossom, especially after they were thrust into a situation like they did.
I know a lot of people don’t like the fact that she was forced into marriage and yada yada, but this is what it was like back then. Yeah, this was romanticised, and I’m sure there were a few “forced” marriages that turned into love, but don’t forget the ones that weren’t. When I read books like this, I appreciate how far we have come in women’s rights.

The only character I didn’t like, besides the “bad guys”, was Rosalind. I felt like she was an incomplete, unnecessary character to be in this story. Helena can forgive her, but I don’t think I will. She was the only thing I didn’t like about this book.
Other than that, I loved this book, and knowing myself, I’ll probably reread it at a later date.


My star rating is: