Thursday, 1 June 2017

Book Review ~ Hunted by Meagan Spooner




 goodreads







I’m on the fence with this one.
I didn’t hate the book, but I also didn’t love it.

Retelling of Beauty and the Beast, I think I’ve said this in previous reviews, if you are going to do a retelling of a well-known fairy tale, do it justice.
Hunted did, it was a very good retelling of my favourite story. Both the Beauty and the Beast were well developed. So why am I on the fence, it dragged.

Towards the end I was started to skim read, and I feel bad for doing that, what if I missed something. I did not feel any of those things while skimming this book.
I kept thinking, “Just get to the point already”. It might be because I’m an impatient person, or this book talked too much so it can get its word count up.

Also, a disappointment, there was no surprises, I guessed the ending. This has nothing to do with it being similar to Beauty and the Beast, it was just obvious.

Like I said, it was an okay book.


My star rating is: