Friday, 23 June 2017

Book Review ~ A Daring Rescue 2in1 by Mary Nichols









 goodreads






I didn’t mind the book, I just didn’t understand the romance between Elizabeth and Andrew.
It just seemed like throughout the story they were just conveniently together in a scene, other than his affection for her, I didn’t feel anything from her. Unless it was jealousy from her sister’s obsession with him.
Actually, I didn’t understand that either, how Elizabeth’s sister, Olivia, was head over heels in love with Andrew and then (spoiler alert), she was in love with someone else.

Saying all that, I didn’t mind it that much. It was a typical historical mills and boon romance.


My star rating is:








 goodreads






I liked this more than Talk of the Ton. I enjoyed reading Jane and Mark’s romance blossom throughout the novel.
I loved everything about Jane, she was selfless, putting everyone before herself. She is what I want to read in a heroine.

Now to the one person I hated, and no, it’s not Lord Bolsover, who was supposed to be the “bad guy” in this story. No, it was Jane’s sister Isabel.
She was a selfish bitch. Just cared about herself even though she was at fault ALL THE TIME.
The way she talked down to Jane, even saying some bad things about Jane’s mission to open an orphanage. I seriously wouldn’t mind if she ended up alone and miserable. Actually, I was hoping for it.
And this might be a spoiler, but I need to get it off my chest. Isabel calls off her engagement with Mark, but as soon as she saw how Mark and Jane were starting to get close, she decides to call the engagement back on.
I could go on and on about how much I hated Isabel, but I don’t want to think about her anymore and just think about the love between Mark and Jane.
And how bad as a Jane is.


My star rating is: