Friday, 12 May 2017

Book Review ~ Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas



 goodreads






This is the second time I’ve read Throne of Glass, first time was two years ago, but this time I read the novellas first. Since reading the novellas first, a few things made sense to me. Did I love it more…no, I did enjoy it and being introduced to newer characters and what is going on in this world a year after the novellas.

Where do I basically start? Well let me just briefly talk about the one thing I found a bit annoying, even though I absolutely loved this book, there was a moment where I had to remind myself this was a YA novel.
Okay....Celaena is the worlds best assassin, she can basically kill someone in a blink of an eye. So why during the book did she act like she didn't have a clue what she was doing. I know she was in that death camp for a year so her abilities might have worn off, but come on.
It was a few things like that in the middle of the book where I assumed she was better than what she was, essentially.

Now that was the only problem I had, which in contrast is minor. Throne of Glass was interesting to read, because even though it had it's typical "YA" theme with the love triangle, the romance in the story really took a back seat. It was there, but it wasn't the main vocal point. And in all honesty, unlike most people who have already read this series, I don't care who she chooses, all I care about is how she is going to survive and hopefully win her freedom.

I cannot wait to continue the series. I hope I’ll love it as much as the Court of Thorns and Roses series.


My star rating is: