Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Book Review ~ Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer



 goodreads








I’m on the fence with this one.
On one hand it was okay, and the other I found it boring with irritating characters.
I didn’t want to feel this way, the premise of the story sounded interesting. So, what went wrong?

Now that I’m an adult (age wise anyway), when I read about teen drama/issues, I no longer can relate. And it’s not that I want these characters to toughen up, they both lost someone close to them and it is hard. We all go through it, so my guess that it isn’t the issues that are represented, but the author telling us.
She made the characters seem whiny, so much so that I actually felt like saying to them, toughen up already.

Saying all that, I couldn’t put the book down. This is going to sound strange, but what I’m feeling about this is; I wanted to know what happens next, but I also didn’t care. See, this is what I meant about the fence.

I might try reading this at another time, because I’m waiting for the next book from Sarah J Maas, I’m comparing every author to her. And no one can beat her.

My star rating is





Until next time, happy reading