Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Book Review ~ Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas



 goodreads





The Assassin and the Pirate Lord
What a great way to start the series and to be introduced to Celaena Sardothien.
It was short, it is a novella, but I also couldn’t put it down. I was sucked into this world from the get go.
What a badass chic, cannot wait to read more…

The Assassin and the Healer
After dealing with the repercussions of her actions with the pirate lord, we see Celaena battered and angry. It was kind of like seeing her in a different light this novella.
It’s not just her anger, but also her compassion to girls who are treated badly and can’t fight back. This is where we meet Yrene Towers. She is a born healer, but due to lack of money, she is working as a barmaid in a grotty town.
I loved the bond these two had in the short amount of time. I hope throughout the series we get to see more of Yrene. And I hope she becomes what she had planned to do.

The Assassin and the Desert
I think in this novella we got to see a different side to Celaena. We did see her vulnerable side before, but there was just something about this one that took it to another level.
There also felt there was more action in this one, and she learned valuable lessons. I also hope we get to see more of Ansel.

The Assassin and the Underworld
Loved this one. Of course, Celaena is her usual smart ass, confident self, but we also see her make mistakes. Which by the way, I saw coming. There was just something that triggered it for me, maybe because everything seemed too perfect.
But that ending, loved it.

The Assassin and the Empire
I don’t want to say anything just in case I spoil it for people, which if that is the case then how did you not get spoilt after all this time?
I knew what was going to happen, mainly because of I read Throne of Glass a while ago.
For me it didn’t feel like she loved him in that way. As a friend, yes, but there was just something that didn’t scream the love of her life.
And for the best assassin in the world, how did you not see that coming.

I cannot wait to read Throne of Glass now that I have read the prequels. It might be a different experience.


My star rating is: