Monday, 3 April 2017

Book Review ~ War of the Roses Trinity by Conn Iggulden





 goodreads




The brilliant retelling of the Wars of the Roses continues with Trinity, the second gripping novel in the new series from historical fiction master, Conn Iggulden.

1454: King Henry VI has remained all but exiled in Windsor Castle, struck down by his illness for over a year, his eyes vacant, his mind a blank.

His fiercely loyal wife and Queen, Margaret of Anjou, safeguards her husband's interests, hoping that her son Edward will one day know the love of his father.

Richard Duke of York, Protector of the Realm, extends his influence throughout the kingdom with each month that Henry slumbers. The Earls of Salisbury and Warwick make up a formidable trinity with Richard, and together they seek to break the support of those who would raise their colours in the name of Henry and his Queen.

But when the King unexpectedly recovers his senses and returns to London to reclaim his throne, the balance of power is once again thrown into turmoil.

The clash of the Houses of Lancaster and York will surely mean a war to tear England apart . . .




I LOVE THIS BOOK!
Okay, let me rephrase it a bit, I love Conn Iggulden and his ability to create a story where you are immersed into it. I couldn’t pick a side, every character felt real and I understood what they were doing. I still can’t pick a side.

It was good to see Margaret grow to be a strong woman, especially when her husband is unable to not only lead the country, but also take care of himself.

It’s strange to think these characters existed and the events that unfolded. Trinity is a book full of the early battles of War of the Roses.
I know I’m going to say this a lot, but Conn Iggulden put you right into the battle. You’re on the edge of your seat, biting your nails, waiting to see who will live and who will die.

Please, if you haven’t read this series yet, or read anything by Conn Iggulden, do it. You won’t regret it.

Even though I can’t wait to start book three then four, I don’t want this to series to finish. Maybe Conn might write about the Tudor dynasty?


My star rating is