Saturday, 11 March 2017

Book Review ~ Horrible Histories Smashing Saxons by Terry Deary illustrated by Martin Brown




 goodreads




Readers can discover all the foul facts about the Smashing Saxons, including who got cow pats as Christmas presents, why wearing a pig on your head is lucky and how to make a dead Saxon happy.




I learned a lot about the Saxons. I thought I knew a little bit, probably thanks to the TV show Vikings, but I was slightly wrong.
It’s great reading these books in some sort of order, I’m seeing the evolution is human kind.

The Saxons, surprisingly, weren’t a stupid bunch. Yes, they had odd practices, but some of the things they did back then, we still do today.
You just have to read the book to find out what they are.


Now I’m off to read about the Vikings…


My star rating is