Monday, 6 March 2017

Book Review ~ Horrible Histories Savage Stone Age by Terry Deary illustrated by Martin Brown





 goodreads






Readers can discover all the facts about the Savage Stone Age including what they used instead of toilet paper, why a hole in the skull is good for headaches and how to make a Stone Age mummy.








I remember the first time I read a Horrible Histories book, it was actually about Ancient Egypt. I loved it then, it was history, but the real history. Things you don’t normally hear about because of how gruesome it is.

Reading it now as an adult, I still love it. I’m obsessed with history, and it feels like there is always something new to learn.
I cannot wait for my children to read these books.

Savage Stone Age is a fascinating insight into what “humans” did back in the Stone Age. I also learned what people today think and do with artefacts from that time period.
What I learned most of all, we humans love to destroy things that have been around for thousands of years because of our stupidity.

At the end of the book is a quiz, to see if you were really paying attention. Not only do I think this is great for young people, but for everyone.
Easy to read, a book for all ages.

If you love the TV Show, then you are going to love this.



My star rating is