Thursday, 9 March 2017

Book Review ~ Horrible Histories Rotten Romans by Terry Deary illustrated by Martin Brown





 goodreads




History with the nasty parts left in! The Rotten Romans follows life for folks in Roman Britain from Nasty Nero and other awful emperors, to Brave Boudicca and the poor old peasants, who tried to send the Romans right back where they came from...




LOVED IT!!
I started the book and before I knew it I was nearly finished. I just couldn’t put it down.
I know a bit about the Roman period, but there was always something to learn.

I did have one problem with this book, it did talk a lot about Britain. Yes, the Romans did invade Britain, but it was like I was learning about them instead of the Romans themselves.
That was the only problem I had.

You just have to remember this is a book about Horrible Histories, teaching you horrible things that happened in the past. Of course, they talk about some good things the Romans did, but mainly about the gruesome things.


Get your hands on these books, if not for you, then if you have children, definitely for them. 



My star rating is