Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Book Review ~ Horrible Histories Groovy Greeks by Terry Deary illustrated by Martin Brown





 goodreads




Want to know: 

Why some groovy Greek girls ran about naked pretending to be bears? 
Who had the world's first flushing toilet? 
Why dedicated doctors tasted their patients' ear wax? 

Discover all the foul facts about the Groovy Greeks - all the gore and more!





Next book in the Horrible Histories box set is all about the Greeks. It was quiet fascinating to learn about their gods and their way of living.
I was definitely fascinated in the story of Troy, as I’ve heard a lot about it. Is it true or not? Who really knows.
But I also learned a lot of other things.

The great thing about these books, when you are learning about a particular group of people, the Greeks for this instance, you learn about the beginning of the Greek empire to the end. Not bits and pieces that are popular today.

This is a Horrible Histories book that talks about things you don’t normally learn in school or see in movies. That’s why I love them, it’s getting to know people from way back then.


I am looking forward to the Roman era.



My star rating is