Friday, 10 March 2017

Book Review ~ Horrible Histories Cut-Throat Celts by Terry Deary illustrated by Martin Brown




 goodreads




Readers can discover all the foul facts about the Cut-throat Celts, including why weird Celt warriors fought with no clothes on, how to preserve your enemy's brain and why the Celts laughed at funerals. 




Nothing was written about the Celts by the Celts as no one knew how to read or write. So, all we know about them is through their enemies and historians uncovering their burial sites and objects they left behind.

Before I continue on about the Celts, can we talk about how funny Terry Deary is. The puns, seriously, Terry Deary should be crowned King of Puns.
Okay, that’s all I wanted to say…

I loved this book and the people they talked about, like King Arthur and the knights of the round table, and Boudicca, who is my favourite female warrior of all time.

I’m enjoying the Horrible Histories collection, it’s not just reading facts, but they also involve you in quizzes and recipes for food they used to eat, or instructions on how to play a game they played. 



My star rating is