Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Book Review ~ Riding Tides by Nora Roberts





 goodreads






Ethan Quinn shares his late father's passion for the ocean, and he's determined to make the family boat-building business a success. But as well as looking out for his young brother Seth, the strong but guarded Quinn is also battling some difficult home truths.

Grace Monroe, the woman Ethan has always loves but never believed he could have, is learning that appearances can be deceptive. For beneath Ethan's still, dark waters lies a shocking past. With Grace's help, can he overcome the shadows that haunt him and finally accept who he is?






I loved this more than Sea Swept, mainly because I hated Cam, but even though I loved Ethan, I still felt like he was an idiot when it came to his love for Grace. And yes, it was all explained why he was reluctant at the end, but it was still frustrating.

They say you should write what you know, Nora Roberts is an expert when it comes to writing the Quinn brothers. Their bond together should make anyone jealous.

Is it possible to love Anna even more? Her no nonsense but loving view on life. And yet, even though she brings everyone together, she is still seen, especially from her husband, as the enemy because she’s a social worker.
I’m not kidding, they still say cruel things about social workers even though they now have someone in the family who is in that profession. It’s not like they are saying she is doing a shit job, but it sure is hinted at.
Maybe it’s because I love this character so much, and I hate her husband Cam. Whatever it is, I don’t understand that relationship.


Out of all the “brothers”, I’m looking forward to reading Phillip’s story. To me, he would seem to be the most gentleman like character.



My star rating is