Friday, 27 January 2017

Book Review ~ Chesapeake Blue by Nora Roberts




 goodreads






The first ten years of Seth Quinn's life were a prison of fear and neglect—until he was rescued by the Quinns: father Ray, and hot-blooded brothers Phillip, Ethan and Cameron.

Now an adult and successful artist, Seth returns home to Chesapeake Bay, to the only family he has ever known. There he meets newcomer to the town Drusilla Whitcomb Banks, but while an attraction sparks, Seth realises that she is way out of his league. Added to which, her own history has taught her not to give her heart lightly.

But Seth cannot ignore his feelings. And if he is ever to win a place in Dru's affections, he must finally face up to his own tragic past and the mother who sold him ...






It was strange at first to read a love story in the point of view of Seth. Especially after reading the series one book after another, I was still seeing Seth as a 10-year-old boy.
So, you can see my struggle to see him now as a 30-year-old. Thank goodness it didn’t take me too long to set things straight.

I’m happy that Nora Roberts wrote a story for Seth, we needed to see who he became as an adult, and especially what happened with his mother. And boy, what a crazy, self-centred character Seth’s mum is.
Even though we got to see what happened to everyone, can we also talk about the ending just quickly. What the hell!! How could it end like that, I need more and knowing I’m not is frustrating.

The romance between Seth and Dru was a joy to read. I did feel their love was very quick, especially how she was giving him the “cold shoulder” the first part of the book. But once she opened up, their love story was so beautiful, how they both stuck with each other through their respected families craziness.

Of course, I can’t write a review without mentioning Cam. Well, not sure if it’s age or Nora Roberts giving him a heart, but he wasn’t so bad in this book. He wasn’t a dick head to his wife or complete strangers. I still don’t like him, but he did improve.
And of course Anna is still my favourite.

So sad this has finally come to an end. I’m going to miss these characters and their world they live in.

Without a doubt, I’ll probably pick this series up again. I tend to do that with Nora Roberts books.



My star rating is