Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Movie Review ~ Hotel Transylvania







The film tells a story of Count Dracula, the owner of a hotel called Hotel Transylvania where the world's monsters can take a rest from human civilization.

Dracula invites some of the most famous monsters to celebrate the 118th birthday of his daughter, Mavis.

When the "non-human hotel" is unexpectedly visited by an ordinary 21-year-old traveller named Jonathan.
Dracula must protect Mavis from falling in love with him before the hotel's guests learn there is a human in the castle, which may jeopardize the hotel's future and his career.






Andy Samberg as Jonathan

Selena Gomez as Mavis
·         Sadie Sandler voices Mavis as a child



Steve Buscemi as Wayne, a male werewolf

Molly Shannon as Wanda, a female werewolf






I’ve seen this movie countless times, mainly around this time of year…you know, Halloween and all.
I can’t describe what it actually is that I love about it. It’s funny, it has some of my most favourite “monsters” in one building, despite the synopsis, it’s not 100% about “teen” love.



Whenever I watch an animated movie, I don’t see who the voices are. It spoils it for me and all I see are the actors and not the characters.
So you know how I said earlier that I’ve watched this countless times? Well, it was until yesterday that I decided to see who the voices are.
Once I found out I was shocked. How did I not know Adam Sandler was the voice of Dracula? Now that I know, now I can hear it.

But like I said, now all I’m seeing is the actor and not the character. That won’t stop me from watching this movie again….and again.

My 5-year-old son loves this movie. I don’t want to say this movie is okay with the little ones, because every child is different. My son is okay with “scary” things, he’s obsessed with Doctor Who and all the aliens on that show.
Maybe watch it first, and if you think it’s okay, then let them watch it.





My star rating is: