Friday, 23 September 2016

TV Series Review ~ Versailles S1-E7+E8









George Blagden as Louis XIV
Alexander Vlahos as Philippe I, Duke of Orleans
Elisa Lasowski as Maria Theresa of Spain
Stuart Bowman as Alexandre Bontemps
Dominique Blanc as Anne of Austria
Noémie Schmidt as Henrietta of England




Versailles is a British-Franco-Canadian television series set during the construction of Versailles Palace during the reign of Louis XIV.






These next two episodes I didn't feel like they improved from the previous ones; but that does not mean I didn't love them.
I just think since it felt like it was getting better and better, I just assumed these two episodes would do the same. But we all know if you "assume" - you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me' - get it....

Anyway, the acting is perfect, showing us their raw emotions while wearing these amazing costumes.

When the series is complete, I'll give a more detailed explanation on what I really think of every little detail of Versailles.
Until then, enjoy the little tidbits.



My star rating is:
























November 2017 Wrap Up

Just click on the links under the book covers to check out my reviews The Last Hours by Minette Walters ...