Thursday, 15 September 2016

TV Series Review ~ Versailles S1-E5+E6









George Blagden as Louis XIV
Alexander Vlahos as Philippe I, Duke of Orleans
Elisa Lasowski as Maria Theresa of Spain
Stuart Bowman as Alexandre Bontemps
Dominique Blanc as Anne of Austria
Noémie Schmidt as Henrietta of England




Versailles is a British-Franco-Canadian television series set during the construction of Versailles Palace during the reign of Louis XIV.






I'm officially obsessed with this show. I love EVERYTHING about this. Yes the "accents" isn't correct, they could've put a French accent on so it feels slightly realistic.

The costumes and the settings are breathtaking. I can't describe them in words on how everything looks and feels.

I talked about George Blagden in the last review, but now I want to talk about Alexander Vlahos who plays George Blagden's characters brother, Philippe I, Duke of Orleans. 
Outstanding. He knows how to capture the troubled character of Philippe. Troubled is a mild word for what he is actually, especially after the war.

I cannot wait for the next episodes to come out, of course episode six left on a cliff hanger....I NEED MORE!



My star rating is: