Thursday, 1 September 2016

TV Series Review ~ Versailles S1-E1+E2









George Blagden as Louis XIV
Alexander Vlahos as Philippe I, Duke of Orleans
Elisa Lasowski as Maria Theresa of Spain
Stuart Bowman as Alexandre Bontemps
Dominique Blanc as Anne of Austria
Noémie Schmidt as Henrietta of England




Versailles is a British-Franco-Canadian television series set during the construction of Versailles Palace during the reign of Louis XIV.






I love historical drama, or anything historical actually.
The older the better, but I’m more drawn to Royalty. English, French, Spain. Ancient Egypt and so on and so on.

When I saw endless ads on TV for Versailles, I had to watch it. The cinematography was absolutely mesmerising. I mean, if you have seen Versailles in person or in pictures, then you would know the beauty of it.

Besides the landscape, it doesn’t hurt to have great drama. Only two episodes have been on so far, but it has been full on. Edge of your seat, talking to the TV. You know it’s good when you are talking out loud….on your own.

I cannot wait for the next episode to come out, I need more.
I’m going to review every episode a week after the episode is released. In Australia it’s on every Thursday on SBS, so I’ll blog on Thursday the following week.



My star rating is:























November 2017 Wrap Up

Just click on the links under the book covers to check out my reviews The Last Hours by Minette Walters ...