Wednesday, 14 September 2016

Book Review ~ Nevernight by Jay Kristoff



goodreads






Destined to destroy empires Mia Covere is only ten years old when she is given her first lesson in death. 

Six years later, the child raised in the shadows takes her first steps towards keeping the promise she made on the day that she lost everything. 

But the chance to strike against such powerful enemies will be fleeting, so if she is to have her revenge, Mia must become a weapon without equal. She must prove herself against the deadliest of friends and enemies, and survive the tutelage of murderers, liars and demons at the heart of a murder cult. 

The Red Church is no Hogwarts, but Mia is no ordinary student. The shadows loves her. And they drink her fear.





I bought this book not knowing anything about it. All I knew was Jay Kristoff, author of Illuminae, wrote it. And since I absolutely loved that book, I needed to read more of his work.

At first I thought this was a Young Adult novel, maybe because Illuminae is somewhat a young adult.
Let me just say this now; this is not a Young Adult novel. It’s Fantasy for adults.
If you can’t handle swear words, especially the ‘c’ word, then do not read this book.

Now that I got that out of the way, let me tell you what I thought about this book. For me, I loved it.
I was in the mood for a Fantasy book, and Jay Kristoff is a great author. He knows how to create these interesting characters.

I love Mia from the start, but I love Mister Kindly more. I think we all need a Mister Kindly in our lives.

I need book two, NOW! This is why I usually wait till the whole series is out before I read it, that way I don’t have to wait forever.



My star rating is: