Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Wiccan





Wiccan


I’ve realised I haven’t talked about one of the most important things in my life.
I was brought up Catholic, not by choice, but because of my family. I’ve always knew I didn’t belong to this religion, I personally didn’t connect to everything they were saying.

When I was 13 (or there about) I discovered ancient Egypt. I taught myself everything that had to do with that time period, it was also their religion that fascinated me the most.
So I decided to no longer be a “Catholic” and believe in the ancient Egyptian gods.

I don’t remember how I stumbled across Wiccan, one moment I was obsessing over Egypt, the next I was finally finding something that understands me.

Despite what some religions believe, witches are not a cult, they don’t believe in the devil (we don’t even believe in hell). We love nature, we believe in loving and respecting everything around us.
Yes we do spells, but not hexes, it’s all positive.
We also don’t go around people’s houses or telling people to join us. It’s all up to you.
Also, we believe in all the Gods and Goddesses, like the ancient Egyptians.

I have people who look at me wearing my pentagram necklace and they assume it’s just a decoration or I’m crazy.
To those people, this is my religion, you can accept it or not I’m not overly fussed. But this is who I am, this is how I will be raising my children.


Blessed be.