Wednesday, 10 August 2016

TV Show Review ~ Orange Is The New Black Season 1+2




Season 1+2







 

·         Taylor Schilling as Piper Chapman
·         Laura Prepon as Alex Vause
·         Michael Harney as Sam Healy
·         Michelle Hurst as Miss Claudette Pelage
·         Kate Mulgrew as Galina "Red" Reznikov
·         Jason Biggs as Larry Bloom
·         Uzo Aduba as Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren
·         Danielle Brooks as Tasha "Taystee" Jefferson
·         Natasha Lyonne as Nicky Nichols
·         Selenis Leyva as Gloria Mendoza
·         Adrienne C. Moore as Cindy "Black Cindy" Hayes
·         Dascha Polanco as Dayanara "Daya" Diaz
·         Nick Sandow as Joe Caputo
·         Yael Stone as Lorna Morello
·         Samira Wiley as Poussey Washington
·         Jackie Cruz as Marisol "Flaca" Gonzales
·         Lea DeLaria as Carrie "Big Boo" Black
·         Elizabeth Rodriguez as Aleida Diaz





The series revolves around Piper Chapman (Taylor Schilling), a woman in her 30s living in New York City who is sentenced to 15 months in Litchfield Penitentiary, a minimum-security women's federal prison (operated by the "Federal Department of Corrections", a fictional version of the Federal Bureau of Prisons) in upstate New York. Piper had been convicted of transporting a suitcase full of drug money for her girlfriend Alex Vause (Laura Prepon), an international drug smuggler. The offense had occurred 10 years prior to the start of the series and in that time Piper had moved on to a quiet, law-abiding life among New York's upper middle class. Her sudden and unexpected indictment severely disrupts her relationships with her fiancé, family and friends.





Everyone was talking about this show, and for a long time I kept putting it off. It didn’t really interest me, that, and at the time I didn’t have Netflix.
So when we finally got Netflix (in Australia), it took me over six months to finally watch it.
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with me? Before judging a show, I should just watch it.

I’m not kidding, I watched two season of Orange Is The New Black in under a week. That’s right, I’m an addict.
While I’m writing this review I’m actually watching season three episode six.

My favourite charater, like probably everyone, is Red. Seriously the most badass woman around.



If you haven’t watched this show yet, DO IT NOW! You will fall in love with these characters, enjoy the drama, maybe even shed a tear or two. And for those who are asking, because I know you are, yes, there is sex. Get over it.
It also might make you want to go to prison.



My star rating is: