Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Movie Review ~ The Martian






Matt Damon as Mark Watney
Jessica Chastain as Commander Melissa Lewis
Jeff Daniels as Theodore "Teddy" Sanders
Sean Bean as Mitch Henderson
Kristen Wiig as Annie Montrose
Michael Peña as Major Rick Martinez
Kate Mara as Beth Johanssen
Sebastian Stan as Dr. Chris Beck
Aksel Hennie as Dr. Alex Vogel
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Vincent Kapoor
Mackenzie Davis as Mindy Park
Donald Glover as Rich Purnell
Benedict Wong as Bruce Ng
Eddy Ko as Guo Ming
Chen Shu as Zhu Tao
Naomi Scott as Ryoko.
Nick Mohammed as Tim Grimes.





The Martian is a 2015 American science fiction film directed by Ridley Scott, based on Andy Weir's 2011 novel The Martian.
Matt Damon stars as an astronaut who is mistakenly presumed dead and left behind on Mars. The film depicts his struggle to survive and others' efforts to rescue him





Before I tell you how much I loved this movie, I just want to say one important thing. Finally, a movie that does the book justice.
For a book lover, a movie adaption is always a problem. We are worried it won’t be similar to the book, and either the cast or crew will ruin it.
It of course doesn’t stop us from watching it, because you just never know, there could be one that is perfect. As I said before, does it justice.

Perfectly cast, written, and directed.

For me I was happy that I read the book first before watching the movie, but in this case I don’t think it overly matters.
It was just exciting to see a book that I highly enjoyed being portrayed on the screen. Scenes that made me laugh out loud when I was reading it, made me laugh when I saw them being repeated by Matt Damon.

Talking about Matt Damon, what an amazing actor. Perfect for this role.

If you haven’t watched it, or read the book, DO IT NOW!
Seriously, you won’t be disappointed.



My star rating is: