Monday, 8 August 2016

Book Review ~ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling






 Goodreads





Harry Potter can’t wait for his holidays with the dire Dursleys to end. But a small, self-punishing house-elf warns Harry of mortal danger awaiting him at Hogwarts.

Returning to the castle nevertheless, Harry hears a rumour about a Chamber of Secrets, holding unknown horrors for wizards of Muggle parentage.

Now someone is casting spells that turn people to stone, and a terrible warning is found painted on the wall. The chief suspect – always in the wrong place – is Harry. But something much more terrifying has yet to be unleashed.





I remember when I first read the series for the first time, I know (if there was Goodreads and the like), I would’ve rated every one of them five stars. They just got better and better as the series progressed.
Now that I’m up to my 5th or so time rereading them, instead of rating them as I would’ve for the first time, I’ve come to the point where I say, “Yes I loved the book, but it wasn’t my favourite of the series”.

So when I say I liked this book, I’m also saying I don’t love it as much as another book in the series.

I enjoyed going back to Hogwarts, meeting new characters and watching Harry evolve not only as a wizard, but as a boy. I still can’t stand his aunt, uncle and cousin.

Of course the first time reading it, I was completely mind blown (if you haven’t read it, you might also feel the same way). But now that I know about it, it was great to see how JK Rowling did it.

Okay, enough chit chat, off to read book three.



My star rating for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is: