Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Tea Tuesday ~ Slow Reading



Slow Reading


Since the beginning of July I have been in a readers’ slump (sort of). I just haven’t been in the mood to read, even though the books that I have picked up I actually want to read.



I blame, not only myself, but TV. I’ve just been addicted to watching a new TV show lately. And because it has taken me forever to finally watch this series, there is 6 seasons on Netflix. So you can imagine me binge watching them.
So because I’ve been glued to the TV since the beginning of this month, I’ve had no interest in reading. Also, myself and my kids got sick with a cold, so I only had the energy of watching TV.



The real problem in my Goodreads reading challenge. I might be 4 books ahead of schedule, but if this slump keeps going, I might eventually fall behind.

The only way I can get out of this is to turn the TV off. It’s okay to watch an episode now and then, but spend more time concentrating on my book. Get back to the way I was at the beginning of the year.