Saturday, 2 July 2016

Book Review ~ The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson


 Goodreads




In a world where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, an evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. The future of the empire rests on the shoulders of a troublemaker and his young apprentice. Together, can they fill the world with colour once more?
In Brandon Sanderson's intriguing tale of love, loss, despair and hope, a new kind of magic enters the stage— Allomancy, a magic of the metals.



Some books when you reread them, it’s either not as good, or knowing the ending it’s not as thrilling.
Saying all that, rereading The Final Empire knowing what is going to happen, I still loved it. Actually it made me see the book in a whole new light, seeing all the hints and clues.

Kelsier is still my favourite character; a very sarcastic guy in a world where in his position you would think he would be miserable, like the rest of the skaa.
He knows what he wants, and he will do anything to get it.
I also like Vin, I feel sorry that she wasn’t able to trust people because of the way she was brought up. Her character development was amazing, especially reading it the second time around.

I cannot wait to read book two again, so then I can finally read book three and the rest.


My star rating for The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson is: