Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Tea Tuesday ~ Netflix





Ever since we got Netflix I have become an addict.

When I used to live at home with my parents (when I didn’t know things were easier), we used to have Foxtel. For those of you who live outside of Australia, Foxtel is shows you pay for, for example HBO, History Channel, Discovery, etc. Basically paid TV.
But now that I am all grown up and live away from the free life, I have been suffering with free TV. And even though they put “new channels” on, it’s the same boring reality shows. It’s either home renovations, cooking, or dating shows.

So you can imagine my joy when we got Netflix.
I get asked, “Don’t you have better things to do than watch TV and read books?”, well yes, but TV and books is called me time, which since being a mother, I have none of.
Why can’t I escape every now and then and do something for myself. If that is a crime, then lock me up with a TV and a library.

There are so many TV shows on Netflix, shows that have been on Foxtel that I haven’t been able to watch.
Here is a list of shows that are on My List:

·       Chelsea
·       Outlander
·       Orange Is The New Black
·       Downton Abbey
·       The Paradise
·       Jessica Jones
·       Doctor Who (my son and I love this one)
·       Mad Men
·       Gotham
·       Supernatural
·       Homeland
·       Vikings
·       Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
·       Orphan Black
·       American Horror Story
·       Misfits
·       Shadowhunters TV
·       Suits

Okay the list goes on and on.


So can you see why I’m obsessed with Netflix and prefer this over free to air TV?