Friday, 20 May 2016

Currently Reading ~ 20.05.16







 Goodreads





It is not easy being Magnus Bane. As a warlock, he's often called upon to fix the problems of others. His life has been long, and his loves have been many. And Magnus has a way of making sure he's in the right place at the right - or perhaps wrong - time. The French Revolution, Prohibition, the first great battle between Valentine and the New York Institute...

Magnus was there, and usually in the middle of it. Magnus will never be able to tell all of his tales. No one would believe him. But these eleven stories shed a little light on his often inscrutable character. They are stories he probably wishes had never got out.






Ever since reading The Mortal Instrument series, I have been in love with Magnus Bane. One of my favourite, flamboyant characters. So when I saw there was short stories centered around him, I was over the moon.


Until I started to read it.
I’m not sure if it’s because I’m in a cynical mood at the moment (not sure why that is), or, and this is the sad part, I’m genuinely not loving this.

I don’t believe Cassandra Clare can write periodical novels. They don’t talk like they are from a certain period date, and that’s what is putting me off.
I have a theory that she writes like this so then her readers can find it easier to read. I’ll admit, it is usually difficult to understand what people are saying from those time periods. In a way, it’s kind of an insult and dumbing down. I think we need everyone to learn how to read books from a certain time, how they spoke and acted.

So far, I’m not seeing any character development from Magnus Bane, it’s like he hoped into a time travel machine back in time. I’m positive he would’ve grown as a person to the person we know today.

Anyway, I haven’t finished yet, and I want to save my thoughts until the review. So stay tuned for that….













November 2017 Wrap Up

Just click on the links under the book covers to check out my reviews The Last Hours by Minette Walters ...