Friday, 13 May 2016

Currently Reading ~ 13.05.16






 Goodreads





Lou Clark knows lots of things. 


She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.





I knew instantly this would be in my top five favourite books. The more I read, the more I’m falling hopelessly in love with these characters.
Books that make you think, feel, and look at your own life, these are the type of books that I enjoy and treasure.

I’m over half way and even though I want it to end to see what happens, on the other hand I don’t want it to end.
It’s just such a beautiful sad story. Watching Will deal with being paralysed from the neck down, someone who was an active adventurous person, going from that to being stuck in a wheelchair. You don’t just see what he deals with from the outside, you are in there with Lou. Who, by the way, is my favourite character. She’s just a normal small town girl, going from working at a café to taking care of a quadriplegic with no skills.

There is so much I want to say about this and I’m not even finished. So instead of going on and on, I’m going to continue reading.
Then I’ll write a review where I can carry on and on about how much I love it.