Saturday, 30 April 2016

Book Review ~ Don't Tell by Karen Rose


 Goodreads




Don't look


Desperate Mary Grace Winters knew the only way to save herself and her child from her abusive husband was to stage their deaths. Now all that remains of her former life is at the bottom of a lake.



Don't trust



As Caroline Stewart, Mary Grace has almost forgotten the nightmare she left behind nine years ago. Slowly she has learned to believe that her new life, and new identity, is here to stay.



Don't tell



Then her husband uncovers her hidden trail. Step by step, he's closing in on her and everyone she loves. Now Caroline must decide whether to flee again or whether the time has come to stay and fight.




I’ve read nearly all of Karen Rose’s books so far and love them. A mixture of romance and thriller is a great combination. If done well that is.

Rereading Don’t Tell was a great way to start from the beginning, and even though I still love this book, I didn’t love it as much as the first time I read it. The chemistry between the two main characters, Max and Caroline, was actually painful to read. It was an instant “attraction”, and the jealousy shown between them was a bit too much.
If there’s one trait from a character that I can’t stand, it’s being excessively jealous. I’m just there shaking my head and being embarrassed for them.

I think the reason why I have had this change of heart, or noticing things that are irritating, is after reading Karen Rose’s other books her writing skills and characters get better. You not only fall more in love with couples, but you also get scared out of your pants. Trust me, I question where Ms. Rose gets her inspirations.

Don’t Tell does touch on a serious issue, domestic violence. You get to see the point of view of not only the victim, Caroline, but her estranged abusive husband. I found this very interesting and sad, wanting the whole time to punch that dick head in the face myself.

I’ll be rereading her other books, just to see if my opinions have change. Also because I really do love Karen Rose’s books. Any excuse to get back into this world.


My star rating for Don’t Tell by Karen Rose is: