Monday, 8 February 2016

Book Review ~ Ninja At First Sight by Penny Reid

*Disclaimer: This eBook may no longer be free on Amazon, where I purchased this.




Goodreads





From the USA Today Best Selling Author of ‘Truth or Beard’

What do a cynical former Marine and a sheltered former Olympic contender have in common?
Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.
He has a girlfriend and she’s never been kissed.
He’s sullenly sarcastic and she’s earnestly empathetic.
He can’t stop thinking about her.
She knows she should keep her distance.
Nevertheless, when opposites attract the results may be unexpected, but they’re also undeniably magnetic. 
‘Ninja at First Sight’ is a standalone, prequel novella (for book 5 of the Knitting in the City Series, ‘Happily Ever Ninja’) and is 40k words. 

This novella is the expanded origin story for Greg and Fiona. The first 16k words of this novella are from the short scenes included in 'Scenes from the City', which is no longer for sale.




I really, really loved this book. I just loved every character, especially our two protagonists; Fiona and Greg.
It was such an upbeat, witty novella to read, I was actually sad that it was so short. I wanted it to never finish.

By the synopsis it sounds like a book I probably won't like, but Greg's quick wit though out the book actually kept me interested.

To be honest, I have nothing bad to say about this book, I'm literally sitting here right now trying to think of things I didn't like about it.....nothing.
It was a light happy quick read. Sometimes you are just shocked to find a free book that is actually pretty good.

This is also the most shortest review I have ever written, but I literally have nothing else to say. Well that's a first.

My star rating for Ninja At First Sight by Penny Reid is: