Monday, 22 February 2016

Book Review ~ Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty




 Goodreads



 Synopsis

Sometimes it’s the little lies that turn out to be the most lethal.
 
A murder…A tragic accident…Or just parents behaving badly? What’s indisputable is that someone is dead.
 
Madeline is a force to be reckoned with. She’s funny, biting, and passionate; she remembers everything and forgives no one. Celeste is the kind of beautiful woman who makes the world stop and stare but she is paying a price for the illusion of perfection. New to town, single mom Jane is so young that another mother mistakes her for a nanny. She comes with a mysterious past and a sadness beyond her years. These three women are at different crossroads, but they will all wind up in the same shocking place.
 
Big Little Lies is a brilliant take on ex-husbands and second wives, mothers and daughters, schoolyard scandal, and the dangerous little lies we tell ourselves just to survive.


Review

I should go and thank my Nonna for finding this book at the markets. Knowing my obsession with books, she literally bought me a whole box full. 
I started this novel knowing nothing about it, I didn't even know she is an Australian author! But once I started it was the perfect timing. My son was starting Kindergarten just like the mothers in this book, except so far there isn't the same drama, actually there isn't any drama at all.

Once I got into it, I could not put this book down. Chapter One starts off with the Trivia Night where the murder has taken place, except you don't know who is murdered. Then on Chapter Two we are taken back six months, we are introduced to our three main characters, Madeline (my favourite character), Celeste, and Jane. All each have their own story, all each have either a dark past or facing dark times. 

It's strange that I find it hard to find words to explain how much I enjoyed this book, especially as I don't want to give too much away. You need to go into this blind, because I can guarantee, you will be mind blown by the time you are finished.

I feel bad this is a short review, but I was thinking, if you have read it I would love, LOVE to discuss it with you. I'm bursting at the seams to talk to someone about this. And I would love to hear your thoughts. Just comment below :)



My star rating for Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty is:














November 2017 Wrap Up

Just click on the links under the book covers to check out my reviews The Last Hours by Minette Walters ...